Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Gift!

This was one of my latest Stamp Camps ~ Paperbag Scrap Book. This is one I made for my Mom for Mother's Day this year. My sister, Dena, and I finished going through all our pictures to get this filled for tomorrow!!! Yep, it took about a week of going through, sorting, and narrowing down the pictures. Pretty sad when you notice that by the 3rd child baby pictures are scarce! We ended up having to use a 1 1/2 year old picture for my sister for a baby picture. (not shown as I was still waiting for her to look one more time for one)


This is the front of the book. Each of the tabs pull out for either more pictures or journaling. I used the tabs, labeled daughter, mother, sister, for more pictures. (not shown)
The first two pages: That's me on the left and that is my two sisters and I on the right.
The picture on the left is my two sister's in front of a lake (when they were not fighting) and the one on the right is Tiffany, Dena, and my mom taken in the rock garden in the front yard. (this is back before rock gardens were popular ~ not many people liked our front yard this way, but it was really cool!)
This is my middle sister, Tiffany, on the left with another picture of Tiffany & Dena in the yard with one of my mom's yearly snow sculptures. I know it's hard to see, but it is almost a 6' dinosaur! It has rock eyes & teeth!
The one on the left is my mom, (she's lost a lot of weight since this picture 2 years ago), my sisters at 16 and I could only find one of myself at 14! It was hard to find pictures of all of us at the age of 16. We thought it would be neat to see how we all looked at 16 since I am 4 years older than Tiffany and 5 older than Dena. The final picture is of all the grand kids!!! Notice anything??? 3 girls and 7 biolgical and 2 (one not shown) step grandchildren ALL BOYS!!!! All I know is that they had better have some girls!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Stamps: Embrace Life, Everyday Flexable Phrases, Headline Alphabet (retired)
Inks: Rose Red, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla
Paper: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss,Cameo Coral, White
Accessories: Ginger Blossom Designer Paper, Moss Ginham Ribbon, Vanilla Organdy Ribbon, Twill Tape, Tag Punch, C-A-D, Pewter Brads (from HodgePodge Kit), staples


No comments: