Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bleaching Technique

Hi!! I was playing last night getting ready to show the bleaching technique at an upcoming workshop. I decided to use one of my extra images to make a card for my "secret sister". I hope you like it and are brave enough to try it on your own.

Supplies: Stamps, Versa Mark, basic black, sponge, SU card stock, black embossing powder, heat gun, aqua painter, bleach, corner rounder.
Stamp image in versa mark, pour embossing powder over image and shake off excess. Heat with heat gun until shiny. Be careful not to burn paper.
Carefully, pour bleach into the aqua painter and "bleach out" the areas of image you want white. Be sure to use fresh bleach. Paper will whiten as it dries.
Next, remove the corner guide off the corner rounder and flip upside down so that you can see the bottom of the punch. Start at the corner and make your first punch then slide over and line up the end of the punched scallop with the edge of the punch as shown. Continue across paper.
Next I sponged Black on the corners of my Lavender Lace flower and layered it onto Certainly Celery. I placed that onto the Apricot Appeal with the scalloped border and using a white gel pen I made dots along the bottom. Next I stamped Hi and then layered that onto Cameo Coral. Now it's time for you to try. Let me know what you think.

No comments: