Friday, April 14, 2023

Written in the stars...

Tomorrow is my 5-year anniversary and so I whipped up this card I've been thinking about for over a week now.   Our "main" song is "Written in the Stars" by Old Dominion, so I felt this card was very fitting to go with this anniversary.


I started with you Basic White card stock 4 X 5 1/4.  I punched out a circle with the 1" circle punch.  Got my blending brush and inks out along with stamping my main focal point out and coloring it with  Stampin' markers and Stampin' blends.


I started with the Balmy Blue and blended the color around where the moon would go.

 

I then started adding Pacific Point blending until I was happy with the color blend.  I then followed that up with Night of Navy and did the same thing until I got my desired look.



Afterwards I removed my circle that covered where my moon was going to be and I then added some Daffodil Delight to color the moon yellow.  I blended it out a bit into the sky so it looked like it was shining a bit.



As you can see here the moon is blended and I then took a white gel pen and added the stars.  If you look closely enough, I did put in a few constellations.  Can you find them?  I matted this on Night of Navy cardstock and added my focal point of the couple with some Stampin' Dimensionals

I did print out something to add to the inside, but I really like how this turned out.

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.


STAMPS: Embrace Each Moment
INKS: Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Balmy Blue, Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin' Markers & Blends
PAPERS: Night of Navy & Basic White
ACCESSORIES: 1" Circle Punch, Blending Brushes, White Gel Pen, Stampin' Dimensials

 

No comments: